Several factors can come into play to complicate employee schedule building:
- a single activity to plan:
- that takes the form of variable and varied working times
- that takes place partly at night and/or the weekend
- calls for different skills
- dozens of employees to schedule simultaneously,
- employees that don’t all have the same skills sets
- employees that may be versatile
- individual demands or preferences to work into the schedule
- working time modulation in the organization
- strong demand for fairness on the part of the employees
- many planning constraints to be built into schedule building.
When several of the above factors come together, planners’ work can be particularly arduous if they are not aided by a schedule building engine such as the Eurodecision LP-ShiftPlanner component.
The challenges faced
The LP-ShiftPlanner component is a dedicated tool for automatic, optimized construction of individual schedules subject to constraints. It takes the employees’ characteristics, the working days to be planned (which may originate from a tool such as the LP-Shift or LP-EasyDriver components), individual preferences and constraints, and employee time-tracker data as input data. The LP-ShiftPlanner component then uses this data to build a schedule that incorporates all the constraints and aims to be the best match to the planners’ defined criteria lists. It updates all the time-s and provides indicators to analyze schedule quality.
Why choose our component?
- building a schedule for dozens of employees takes just a few minutes
- a wealth of planning constraint parameters are provided as standard
- schedules take in all user-defined constraints
- possibility of testing the introduction of new scheduling rules
- the component can be integrated into a variety of environments, from Excel spreadsheets to the GTA suite or service ordering.
- allowance made for individual employee preferences
- equity management… number of rest weekends, night work, types of activity performed, concessions to preferences, etc.
- allowance made for modulating working time
- employee skills and versatility management
- allowance made for employees’ personal constraints
- provision of indicators to analyze schedule quality
- about a dozen different optimization criteria to adapt the schedule to the specifics of your organization
- time-tracker updated for monitoring purposes
Use under constraint scheduling to build your team schedule!